Friday, October 23, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 24: A Crew of Creatures and a Slew of Seasons


A Crew of Creatures and a Slew of Seasons

Here is the imaginary tale
Of a little snail
Who slid off to find the summer


I share the adventure of a frog
Who lived down in the bog
He fell off a log and into autumn

Image Source: Michael Stirling at publicdomainpictures.net

Here is the drama of a lizard
Who got caught up in a blizzard
She went underground for winter


Like a living fantasy
Butterflies fly free
In a land of eternal spring

~Thalia~

Note:
Today's prompt asked us to create a story poem. I've always been the creative type, and I love doing this sort of thing. 
Sadly, I was never able to make a career of it. Happily, my niece and nephew always loved their Auntie Thalia's stories and drawings of questionable ability. 
They're getting a little old for story time now (nephew is ten, niece just turned twelve five days ago) but they aren't quite too old to be too cool for a tale just yet--happily for me!


No comments: