Faith is overvalued while practice is undervalued.
If we emphasise faith over practice, spirituality remains ideology, creating theological conflicts.
But if we focus on carrying out the teachings of our very lives, we realize that the love taught by Jesus is no different from the compassion taught by the Buddha.
If you wish for peace am0ng the different spiritual paths then practice what you preach,
Haemin Sunim

1 comment:
I once had some campus crusader types tell me that my beliefs that a person doing good was as valuable as a person believing in (their version of) God "didn't hold water" and that it didn't matter how many benevolent acts a person did during their life, they would still end up in hell if they didn't believe in God.
I said I couldn't accept a God who would send a good person to hell but welcome into heaven a person who did terrible things but gave lip-service to being a believer. Still can't.
Post a Comment