My father had a major hemorrhagic stroke in 2004. He had several smaller strokes after that. At the point when he passed away in 2010 he was bed-bound, had congestive heart failure and vascular dementia. His death was anticipated and mostly I was exhausted from watching him get sicker and sicker. I didn't cry much when he passed.
I was working in a retirement community as a resident assistant and I had to do a nightly patrol to set pins on the doors and make sure everything was as it should be. I am what you might call an open-minded skeptic. I realize the possibility that some of the phenomena I experienced while working in this community (including seeing a couple of spirits) might have been "all in my head," but I was not under the influence of anything and I wasn't tired to the point of hallucination like I was the night I saw the penguin standing in the hallway. I knew that wasn't really there and I needed to get some sleep.
One night as I was doing my rounds, I suddenly saw a glowing white feather floating in front of me. I was not under the influence of anything. I was not overly tired. The feather lingered there for about a minute and slowly faded. I knew it was my dad stopping by to visit me. I can't discount the possibility that something of us survives the death of the body because, to put it a bit crudely, I've seen some shit. It's never been anything scary. The presences I encountered were always benevolent.
~Cie~
No comments:
Post a Comment