Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wordless Wednesday Fail: Spiraling Into the Past

Spiraling Into the Past, Version 6


Spiraling Into the Past, Version 7

Photoshop images by The Real Cie

Back in the present, Pepper listened to the strains she'd discovered all those years ago. Then they had been the sounds of freedom and rebellion. Now, although her love for these songs had never died, there was something quaint about them, accompanied by a heart-wrenching sense of loss.

From "Fetch," Team Netherworld's WIP Novel
Dedicated with love to Malcolm Young for everything he made possible

*********************************************

Hello, and welcome to another Wordless Wednesday Fail, where the Real Cie shows images (often things she's done in Photoshop) and refuses to comply with the "wordless" part of "Wordless Wednesday".
Youth is wasted on the young. When I bought this album, I was young (fourteen) and super stupid. I think I really believed these guys would be like they are on this album forever. Older than me but still young enough. Sassy, impish, but nowhere in the vicinity of actual evil, like some morons made them out to be. Actually, in spite of the provocative humor, they were really sweet people who just wanted to make the world a more enjoyable place. I loved that about them.
I never thought that less than a year after I bought this album that Bon Scott would be dead.
I could not have imagined that Phil Rudd would end up a meth addict, estranged from the band and in trouble with the law for making foolish, drug-fueled threats towards a person with whom he had a disagreement.
I certainly never thought that Malcolm Young, who created the band, would have his cognitive abilities destroyed to the point where he could no longer remember the works he created, where he didn't know the brother to whom he was so very close, and where he didn't even know who he himself was.
Y'all can't tell me that this plane of existence isn't Purgatory. I'm convinced that it is. Those of us who are stuck here are just trying to get by. Some of us, like these guys, try to make it a little nicer for their fellow inmates.
Maybe if we all learn the lesson that we need to treat each other a little more kindly, we can get out of here.

~Cie~

http://wordlesswednesday.blogspot.com/2016/01/january-20.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the loss of David Bowie, Glenn Frey, and Mott the Hoople drummer, Dale Griffin (in one week), I understand this spiraling into the past. These were our heroes. Heroes don't die. It is our job to make sure of that.

Wanda Psycho said...

They will never be forgotten, McGuffy Ann!
Cie, I love your photoshops. They are more powerful than you realize. You often say you're a crappy artist, but I don't agree. You may not be adept at freehand drawing, but you have an excellent eye.