I have one of his books. He once said that if Christianity is to survive, it needs to evolve. I fully agree with him. Christianity has the potential to do so much good, yet so many of its adherents use it as an excuse to do damage.
Yes, they do. I fear the Evangelical right as they seem hellbent on having another crusade. Bishop Spong impresses me, as does Tom Harpur. Both hold their Christian faith in high regard yet see the pitfuls of blind faith over loving faith.
2 comments:
I have one of his books. He once said that if Christianity is to survive, it needs to evolve. I fully agree with him.
Christianity has the potential to do so much good, yet so many of its adherents use it as an excuse to do damage.
Yes, they do. I fear the Evangelical right as they seem hellbent on having another crusade. Bishop Spong impresses me, as does Tom Harpur. Both hold their Christian faith in high regard yet see the pitfuls of blind faith over loving faith.
Post a Comment