I've seen people saying that white people shouldn't see Black Panther because doing so is "cultural appropriation." To my mind, this is an erroneous way of thinking because I would think that you'd want to encourage EVERYONE to see this wonderful, exciting, action-packed film and send the message to movie producers that YES! We want more movies with fantastic black heroes and heroines. More movies like Black Panther with characters that boys and girls (and women and men) of all races can admire--it's time!
This would be similar to me saying "men shouldn't be allowed to see Wonder Woman because powerful female characters are only for women." Hell with that. I want everyone to see Wonder Woman, because it's always appropriate to watch a cool heroine kick some ass.
I say see Black Panther regardless of whether your skin tone is black like onyx or pasty white and burns under a 60 watt bulb like mine. Send the message that we want more movies with racially diverse casts. It's past time.
This would be similar to me saying "men shouldn't be allowed to see Wonder Woman because powerful female characters are only for women." Hell with that. I want everyone to see Wonder Woman, because it's always appropriate to watch a cool heroine kick some ass.
I say see Black Panther regardless of whether your skin tone is black like onyx or pasty white and burns under a 60 watt bulb like mine. Send the message that we want more movies with racially diverse casts. It's past time.
~Cie~
2 comments:
The only drawback for me regarding this film is that The Black Panther comes hotfoot from the pages of The Fantastic Four. I think Marvel made a huge mistake in not placing more faith in the FF. Doctor Doom. The Inhumans. The Watcher. Black Bolt. Galactus etc. Yes, on the ridiculous nonsense of race, it is another step forward as was 'Shaft' all those years ago so I wish it all the best but...those previous FF films were dire. It really was the forerunner to so much that followed after.
For me, the Fantastic Four was ruined by Jessica Alba, who couldn't act her way out of a one-room schoolhouse. Her cardboard thespian skills are the worst.
Post a Comment