I do not like Woody Allen. I think that messing around with your 20-year-old stepdaughter behind her mother's back is pretty damn gross. However, I have long thought that his daughter's accusations of him smack of false memory syndrome. I feel that he is not a child molester.
This issue means something to me, as a number of years ago I had a therapist try to convince me that my father had molested me. I stopped seeing this therapist. My father most assuredly did not molest me.
My father could be overbearing, obsessive, and extremely opinionated in a maddening way. He sometimes couldn't see past his own nose and at times I felt he had cloth ears. He was both brilliant and very stuck in his ways. I think in many ways he was conflicted. But if there was one thing he was not, it was a child molester.
Many people were falsely accused of doing terrible things during the heyday of false memory syndrome.
I do not think that Dylan Farrow is a liar, I think that she is suffering from false memory syndrome.
I do not think that Woody Allen is a good person, but I do not think that he is a child molester.
Now, if you ask me about Roman Polanski, I will tell you that I think his child-raping ass should be in jail. Being a brilliant filmmaker should not absolve you of a heinous crime.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


No comments:
Post a Comment