Sunday, May 23, 2021

Whit Sunday



Rather than dismiss all and every day certain faiths celebrate, I would rather join in that celebration even if my path hasn't taken me down that particular route. The whole point of celebrating anything is for everybody, no matter their way, to join in with respect and love for our fellows.  If you encounter a celebration you find doesn't follow the Golden Rule then simply don't celebrate it.

Whit Sunday is a Christian day of celebrating when the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus' disciples. For me, that means becoming aware. For the brothers and sisters who are Christian, the meaning is different. My mum always called today Whitsun. A sort of shortened version of Whit Sunday which is fact the Pentecost. Pagan's celebrated Beltane. Which bears similarities even though that day is on the first of May. Therefore I shall celebrate Whit Sunday as I missed the first of May.

Happy Pentecost.

.

No comments: