TRIGGER WARNING: SELF-HARM REFERENCE
This is a response to a post on Alternet titled "Is Modern Psychiatry Bullshit?"
This is a response to a post on Alternet titled "Is Modern Psychiatry Bullshit?"
Years before, Prozac had left me so flat emotionally that I was staring at my arm, contemplating cutting it, not because of self-harm reasons but because I wondered if I could still feel.
I do not take psych meds. Everything I take to help me manage my mental health issues is a natural supplement, including the Lithium I take. I got lectured about the fact that my Lithium levels aren't even close to therapeutic. However, therapeutic doses are right next door to toxic, and the small amount I take of Lithium Orotate, which is more bioavailable than Lithium Carbonate, do the job without threatening to put me in the hospital for Lithium toxicity.
Counseling is too expensive and never helped me much anyway. I've always thought that cognitive behavioral therapy might be useful, but that's not one of the choices you get when all you can afford (and you can't even afford that) is the county mental health system.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


No comments:
Post a Comment