Friday, March 31, 2017

No Religion on the Moon

There is no religion on the moon and whatever created all existence, be it God, Tao or some other unknowable, religion is the result of man, not that which is greater than us all.

2 comments:

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I am of the belief that those living beings which possess higher consciousness create personifications for powerful energies, which may include beings much more powerful than ourselves, i.e. that which we term "deities."
I'm deist rather than theist in my beliefs. I feel that there may well have been a higher power which kick-started the whole business, and it may indeed have a consciousness. However, I do not feel that it is involved, and nor do I believe that it has such an enormous ego as to insist that the beings created by the initial spark worship it or they shall be doomed to eternal torture. This would be akin to insisting that my betta fish bow down and worship me or I will flush them to the sewers in retaliation. I honestly don't know how anyone could see fit to worship a deity so egomaniacal as some people have deemed the Christian god to be.
As a disclaimer, I'm not claiming that all Christians feel this way. The ones that I continue associating with are certainly of a more tolerant stripe.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

My point here was not so much to beat-up those who believe in a deity as to question organised religion. For those who follow a deity, they would believe all creation is attributable to God. Fine, I have no issues with that. I use the moon as by way of illustrating how God made that too but with the absence of life, in particular, Human life, it does not bear the burdens Mother Earth does of having such division among faiths.