I stumbled across this and wanted to share it because it's kind of catchy and it reminded me of being a kid in Sunday school.
Sometimes I wish I could go back to being that innocent again, laughing and smiling and playing with the other kids. Before MS, before losing my husband, before everything.
We get little tidbits down here. I was a kid again for a few minutes.
~Yeris~
4 comments:
If only those hymns we were forced to sing at school could have been like this I might (might I say) become a Theist. :)
I was Southern Baptist. I went to Sunday School and Vacation Bible School faithfully. That faith has gotten me through a lifetime of things. I believe if all children were given this type of foundation, the world would be in better shape. This leads to hope, which leads to security, which leads to compassion. The world needs more of these.
I was a devout Catholic until I was 18 because I wanted to believe the good things about religion were true, but more and more I learned how judgmental and hateful many religious people are. The judgment and hate isn't only on Christians. I discovered quite a few very judgy Pagans and "New Age" types along the way.
Over the years I became a lot more agnostic because I felt like I didn't have any right to be so arrogant as to claim that I "KNEW" the nature of the higher powers. I don't think that our limited minds can truly understand them.
I think that to them we are developmentally like lower animals. Only an egomaniac would demand that something smaller and less developed worship it or be tortured and destroyed. Hence why I refuse to worship at the altar of any egomaniac deity.
To be clear, I do not think that the creator deity (or deities) is an egomaniac. I think it is a benevolent power although not terribly involved.
I think, as does the Dalai Lama, that there should be, for those of faith, a kinship of faiths. A single body that allows others to believe what they will but shares love and compassion to all religions.
I am utterly opposed to any form of 'brainwashing' of children by any faith. This is abuse. Children should be free to select whatever religion they choose without adults coercing them into a particular faith. Does anybody really think God could care one way or another HOW you worship him? No, He doesn't. He has made it perfectly clear love and compassion are the paths to God. Children should be given the tools, the education which shares these various faiths as though it were a menu they can pick from.
God is not a dictator nor an abuser of children. Only humankind bend others to THEIR will and not HIS. THEIR way of doing things. This is patently wrong.
None of my children follows my path. I am what I am and do what I do. Should they see the worth in my ways then they are able to do the same. It is not my job to MAKE them like me. It is my job, and societies, to present them with the rich array of faiths, philosophies and paths to choose from.
Post a Comment