I want to smack everyone who says "you just need to eat less and exercise more" upside the head. I doubt I even eat 2000 calories most days, which is the average calorie intake for adults.
Most of the time, I don't have the money to be able to eat three meals a day. I'm still fat, and I'm pretty sure I always will be unless I get extremely sick, such as my great grandmother did with acute myelogenous leukemia. I'm rather sure she was diabetic and hypothyroid and probably had PCOS as well, just by looking at her face.
She was never diagnosed as such, but she tended to crave sweets, which is a sign of insulin resistance. Of course, all my family could ever talk about was how fat she was. Why the fuck is everyone so obsessed with other people's bodies? Also, she lost 105 pounds within the space of a year, and then she died. Guess that's a triumph right there--she had a thin body to put into the casket.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


No comments:
Post a Comment