"Which snowflake is the most magnificent? Is it possible that they all are magnificent - and that, celebrating their magnificence together they create an awesome display? Then they melt into each other, and into the Oneness. Yet they never go away. They never disappear. They never cease to be. Simply, they change form. And not just once, but several times: from solid to liquid, from liquid to vapour, from the seen to the unseen, to rise again, and then again to return in new displays of breathtaking beauty and wonder. This is life, nourishing life,
This is you.
This metaphor is complete.
This metaphor is real.
You will make this real in your experience when you simply decide it is true, and act that way. See the beauty and the wonder of all whose lives you touch. For you are each wondrous indeed, yet no one more wondrous than another. And you will one day melt into the oneness, and know then that you form together a single stream." - Neale Donald Walsch

2 comments:
It was reading Neal Donald Walsch that cracked open the militaNT atheism I had embraced for the first 30 years of life, and introduced me to pantheistic ideas. Which fell upon me like water into the mouth of a person dying of thirst.
I'm very grateful and hugely indebted to Walsch for helping to open my eyes. Having said that, there is much about his style and cultural background that is not to my taste. In my view, there is a certain flavour of fundamentalism to his work, and this eventually started grating on me. But that's just a mismatch of personal styles -- notwithstanding my dislike of the flavour of some of his writing, I am forever in his debt.
I know little of the man. I found this poem by Walsch in one Wayne Dyer's books. Like you with Walsch, Wayne Dyer impressed me but insufficiently for me to turn to Taoism. Laozi, if he lived and isn't a composite of various men, categorically stated in the Tao Te Ching, "The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao, The name that can be named is not the eternal Name." In other words, once you name the unnameable, as you try to define what is indefinable, you are no longer aware of what it is you speak off. Laozi most certainly didn't want a religion made of it. Wayne Dyer was a bit too 'religious' for my tastes. He sort of replaces God with Tao and presented Tao as Taoism. Not that I mind that as the labels we affix are just manmade so therefore easily transferable but I like the idea of having an anarchist philosophy that isn't organised. I can see how Walsch influenced you. On another note, funny how Tao and Buddhism and Pantheism share so many similaritiess.
Post a Comment