I created the Diary of a Mad Home Health Nurse blog with the intent to unofficially do the month-long Slice of Life blog-a-thon back in March 2016. I didn’t end up doing that. I tend to have spring depression, and this year’s version really took the wind out of my sails.
I seem to be out of the woods as summer comes on. One might believe that surmounting the spring depression for another year without offing myself means that I love summer. It doesn’t. Summer’s too damn hot in my neck of the woods. I am, however, glad to leave the spring depression behind. I didn’t know if I’d make it this year.
Living with mental illness means that I would really have been screwed if I were working in a high pressure environment. Home health tends to be a good field for someone like me. You establish a pattern and a rapport with your patient and their family. Other health fields might be more exciting, but when you live with a mood disorder, that isn’t always the best thing.
I often still regret the life I didn’t get to have. I wish I had ended up in the arts. However, as far as the profession I ended up working in, I’m happy with it at last. I worked far too many years in a facility. Home health is a much happier place for me.
~Cie~

https://twowritingteachers.org/2016/05/31/sol-tuesday-6/
No comments:
Post a Comment