Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Witchy Women Are Often Punished


Please read the powerful post by Natasha Chart, which the following is a response to.

http://www.feministcurrent.com/2016/10/04/this-is-how-they-broke-our-grandmothers/

"Women's work" (i.e. nursing, housekeeping, child care) is still looked down on as lesser, and those of us who hold viewpoints contrary to those of the male dominated church and government are still seen as dangerous and to be silenced. Natasha, this is an amazing and powerful piece. It brought tears to my eyes. As someone who was accused of "devil worship" back in junior high and high school because I was a feminist, held socialist viewpoints (I once dared to say that "socialized medicine such as they have in Sweden, seems like a good idea to me"), and liked the "devil music" (hard rock and metal). The way I was treated actually drove me away from the church and into exploring witchcraft. It took many years before I stopped having nightmares about the devil and hell. In junior high, I was also accused of being a "slut" and there were rumors that I had numerous abortions because I'd had sex with so many guys. The truth was, I was so naive about sex that I believed a blow job was blowing in someone's ear and had no idea why anyone would like that. I've learned over the years that women who speak out against the establishment tend to have people try to shut them down. A lot of these people would love to still be able to burn us at the stake, or at the very least humiliate us publicly and get away with it.

~Cie~

2 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Men are merely scared of being seen as less worthy than their female counterparts and act accordingly. The long redundant Alpha Male fears being thought of as fitting a supportive, not leading role. Common sense tells us both genders are equal and that together we make formidable partnerships.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

The "Alpha Male" is a wretched creature. As you said, we are all human beings first. I appreciate your comment!