Copyright: hilllander / 123RF Stock Photo
Fantastical
I never meant to hurt you, my dear love
In a world full of pain and suffering
You are an angel from above
I live for every message that you bring
You gave to me such comforting
Your Earthly situation made me grieve
In this world of othering
Your love became too fantastical to believe
We fit together like a hand in glove
I wanted to heal you with my nurturing
Never has another made me feel so beloved
But I so fear rejection's sting
It's my soul you'd end up murdering
I'm so afraid you'd only leave
That my need for you is smothering
Your love became too fantastical to believe
With soft feathers like a peaceful dove
I would stroke your angel wings
You were everything I was dreaming of
But I fear I don't deserve anything
So I end up losing everything
I fear to give and to receive
You were too good for this world to bring
Your love became too fantastical to believe
I gave you my heart on a string
Then left you alone to grieve
My sad angel with the broken wings
Your love became too fantastical to believe
For Gerry Clifford
from Pepper Baiij
Form:
a, b, a, b, b, c, b, C and the envoy b, c, b, C.


No comments:
Post a Comment