Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Cheese Grates It: Not My President



This is the kind of person whom that monster in the white house ridicules. This is a fat, not physically attractive woman who has made several suicide attempts during her life. This person lives with fairly severe mental illness. This person has survived sexual assault and come back from it, although she didn't think she ever would.
This person did not vote for the monster in the white house and will never refer to the monster in the white house as President.
This person always referred to all other election winners as President, whether she agreed with their politics or not.
Could you imagine any of the past Presidents of whatever party mocking disabled people or talking about women as if we are nothing but body parts? I can't, and anyone who can do those things does not represent me in any way, shape or form.
The person in the picture is me. The picture is a collage which was sent to Mr. Jared Padalecki last year for his birthday to thank him for encouraging people to always keep fighting.
I am flawed as fuck, but I will always keep fighting the bullies out there, including the ones who managed to get into the highest office in the United States.
I am not pretty, I am not smart, I am not talented. Basically, I'm not shit. But I will never be what he is. You can take that to mean I'm not rich or "successful." I take it to mean I'm not a crass, boorish bully who steps on others to get my way.
You can ridicule me for these words. You can unfriend me for my beliefs. But I will never acknowledge the Bully in Chief as my president.
For me and all the other "me's" out there, I will always keep fighting anyway.

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


2 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

The fear we all have is what kind of world will we wake up to in two, three or four years time? Will the provocation of Russia finally slip into all-out war? Will the environment (so sadly Mother Nature is on her knees)be overlooked as the earth's oceans swell, as landscapes shift and change because one man disbelieves what nature is telling us?
Will the Ku Klux Klan rise up again to humiliate black people, oriental's, native American's, in fact anyone who isn't white?

I don't want to wake to a world so divided. And I don't want my grandchildren to have to live through the carnage Trump could cause.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Exactly. We live in perilous times. I could live through it. On my own, I have nothing to lose. But I don't want my son to have to live in such a world, even though he is an adult.