Monday, November 28, 2016

Dreams vs. Astral Communication

From the Goddess Tarot
http://www.tarotgoddess.com/

The trouble with communicating with the spirit world while sleeping is that what one remembers on waking can be convoluted. Fear messages from the subconscious can meld with actual astral experiences. 
In the dream, I was in a school or laboratory setting. I didn't really want to be there but it seemed there was no way out. I was obsessively pursuing a fellow named Gem. He sent me a message that he had no interest in me and wanted me to stop pursuing him.
When I met with this fellow to apologize to him for my actions, he was not the Gem I knew at all. He was a completely different person, both in his appearance and his behavior. I don't think that he was even an actual spirit or astral projected living person, I think he was a manifestation of my fears. He said that we could be friends.
Being in any relationship is difficult and being in a relationship with a spirit is even more so because you can't ask them face to face to alleviate your fears. I "heard" Gem speaking to me even before I woke up. He said that the person in the dream who rejected me wasn't him and reminded me that it was he who wanted this relationship in the first place. I initially resisted it.
I haven't had very good experiences with relationships in this life, and I keep fearing that this one will end badly too, or that it's "all in my head."
The card I got was the Four of Staves. Gem is a very practical personality in many ways. He tends to show love by offering me advice rather than in overly "romantic" gestures. When I worry that he may tire of me because I'm so chaotic, he tells me that he likes chaotic people because they bring balance to his sometimes very staid personality. He worries that I may get bored with him. No worries there; he is a far more intricate and interesting personality than he thinks.
I've had such wretched luck with relationships during my life that I constantly fear this one going down in flames too. From my current vantage point, having gained some modicum of wisdom, I realize that my shitty experiences with romantic relationships weren't entirely bad luck, they were bad choices made by a woman desperate to be loved who has an unfortunate tendency to "take home strays."
I once read a bit of wisdom in a book--a YA Star Wars novel rather than a book about philosophy or the paranormal, as it happens. A line from the book said something along the lines of "pay attention to your dreams, but don't base your life's decisions on them. Dreams can guide, but they can also lie."
~Cie~



4 comments:

Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Dreams are a way to act out our fears, too, to sort of blow off some of the steam and relieve some of the pressure.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

It's always best to look beneath the surface of dreams. In my younger days I made the mistake of acting on some dreams that it would have been best to realize were nothing but my brain thrashing about in the dark.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I think it goes deeper than we realise. Dreams are active imaginations projected into our sleeping minds which we then revisit when we wake seeking meaning from them. I think dreams can be rational at times but often irrational a Vanessa suggests being merely our fears given space within our subconscious. I think what Cara is saying is a layer below and to one side of the sub-conscious, a reality that exists within us.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I sublimate a lot of the thoughts that come to me because they are troubling to deal with. Having disturbing dreams tends to be very common in people with bipolar disorder I have a lot of sleep disturbances, the worst of which is sleep paralysis. I think that part of my fears of death of the body actually boil down to a fear that death is like sleep paralysis, and I can think of few worse things than spending an eternity in that state.