Saturday, April 15, 2017

Why I'm An Agnostic Deist: A Brief Explanation



I was a devout Catholic until I was 18 because I wanted to believe the good things about religion were true, but more and more I learned how judgmental and hateful many religious people are. The judgment and hate isn't only on Christians. I discovered quite a few very judgy Pagans and "New Age" types along the way. 
Over the years I became a lot more agnostic because I felt like I didn't have any right to be so arrogant as to claim that I "KNEW" the nature of the higher powers. I don't think that our limited minds can truly understand them. 
I think that to them we are developmentally like lower animals. Only an egomaniac would demand that something smaller and less developed worship it or be tortured and destroyed. Hence why I refuse to worship at the altar of any egomaniac deity.
To be clear, I do not think that the creator deity (or deities) is an egomaniac. I think it is a benevolent power (powers) although not terribly involved in the affairs of the material Universe.

~Cie~

1 comment:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

A deity that breathed life into us and all of creation but laid no self-imposed dictates on how to live a good, noble life but gave us the intellect, the wisdom to understand that ALL life is precious and no single man-made faith is the only one that is right.