Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sia - Big Girls Cry [AUDIO]



We're told not to cry, that crying is for babies. Some of us can't cry even when we hurt. It's wrong to teach people to swallow their emotions. Big girls (and boys) cry when their hearts are breaking. That's as it was meant to be. 

~Love, Wanda~

For those of us who have learned not to cry, the tears turn to ice in our hearts. My grief tends to express as anger. 

~Cie~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true. Some people have to learn to cry. And sometimes, when they start, it is hard to stop. But, it is cathartic and so very human.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

My family had very stoic European values about crying. Crying was weakness. It was shameful to cry. There's a newer song that I like which has the line "The tears that I'm hiding, they ain't for cryin'. I'm never gonna let 'em start spilling down 'cause they'd flow down my body and flood the ground." I would break if I allowed myself to feel the pain of certain things, so I can't let myself.