Pictured: June Cleaver
Not an actual person
Some dudebro just really got my goat lamenting for the good old days when women were women, when moms had dinner cooking in the oven, not from the microwave. When moms had the laundry all freshly done and folded warm in the drawer, yada yada, excuse me while I barf and thank you for reminding me why I've been a feminist since even before I hit puberty, but seriously, you didn't have to.
Yeah, Dude, this is gross and sexist. How about if dads help with those things? Now that my (high functioning autistic) son is in his late 20's, we both cook. But a lot of the time we also get takeout.
Excuse the hell out of me for not having been able to be June Freaking Cleaver who, by the way, was a fictional character. Excuse me for having to work long hours to take care of my son and me. My son's (Aspie) dad and I were divorced by the time my son was four. Even though I had undiagnosed type 2 bipolar disorder, I've always had to work, a lot, and it's been hard. So yeah, that is both sexist and unrealistic.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


4 comments:
I am a crap cook but do my best. That to one side, and not to blow my own trumpet, I have changed diapers (nappies to us), cleaned the house, done the laundry and the ironing. Just don't call me Shirley. :)
If that is what that guy wants, I hope he finds her rather than trying to change someone. If women want to be like June, I hope they find someone who appreciates it. It all comes down to respecting others for what and who they are.
No worries, unless you put on your Monty Python-esque drag and ask me to call you Shirley, I will continue to call you Russell. :-)
I'm not a great cook myself, to be honest, but since I discovered Home Chef it's helped me to be a more passable one. The stuff I prepare isn't quite as hit or miss any more.
I don't have a problem with a person who wishes to conduct her life that way.
I have major problems with anyone who think that a woman MUST conduct her life that way or she is not a "proper mother" or "proper woman."
Post a Comment