Monday, January 2, 2017

The Cheese Grates It: Snake Oil in My Inbox

So this shit showed up in my Inbox...

Why are you still overweight???
Discover ProbioSlim, the revolutionary new probiotic supplement that helps you lose weight!

Boosts Your Metabolism to Burn Fat Fast
Adds Much-Needed Energy
Promotes Better Intestinal Health
Reduces Gas, Bloating and Constipation
No more excuses! Now, You can look & feel thinner!

Click here for your FREE sample

Let's break it down.

Over what weight? BMI is bullshit and was never meant to be a measure of health in the first place.
Oh yes--over the impossibly slim weight that I'm supposed to continue striving towards for  the rest of my life and berate myself when I "fail" to achieve it.

"Boosts your metabolism to burn fat fast."
Translate: contains stimulants.

"Adds Much-Needed Energy"
Translate: contains stimulants

"Promotes better intestinal health."
"Reduces gas, bloating and constipation."

Bitch, I've been taking probiotics for years. Still fat.
People of all sizes can have problems with gas, bloating and constipation.

"No more excuses!"
Fuck you.

"Now, you can look and feel thinner!"

Thin and fat are not "feelings." They are body types.

In the past, I would have added this bullshit to the long list of snake oil I tried to "get thin at last." Instead, I resolve to not spend my money on snake oil. I like making my bank account fatter.

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not let this upset you. Every time you do, they win. Obviously, they have issues. Misery loves company. You are fine, and you know you are. So...let them take that oil...more for them! You don't need it. Hugs.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Thanks. It doesn't upset me (usually) but it does piss me off for the sake of those people who are still like I used to be, thinking they are failures if they don't have a slender body type. That's why I rail against it and will till my dying day or until there is a paradigm shift in the way people think and behave about the variations in bodies.