Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Cheese Grates It: My New Years Resolutions


I will continue to fight against bigotry and hate in all its forms in 2017.
I will try to be kinder to myself. This one's difficult, and I pretty much always fail at it. I will continue to fight against engaging in self harm, including speaking harmful words against myself. I will not ridicule and demean myself for my unique belief system. If I am tolerant of others' beliefs, why can't I be tolerant of my own?
I will try to see the good in the world while fighting the evil.


I will continue to peacefully resist Emperor Commodus Trump and his evil band of handlers. Unlike Hitler, Trump has no real intelligence or agenda of his own. He is a puppet. Those in his cabinet of foulness are the ones we really need to fear. Trump will sway any way the wind blows. This is not to say that he isn't a vile human being, he is a dreadful person. The truth, however, is that he does not command much actual power. He is a figurehead.
I am worried for this world, very worried.
Nonetheless, I will try in some small way to make things better.
Even though I am an unfashionably large person, I am very small on the scale of things. Too small, I fear, to make any kind of real difference. But there is one thing that I have vowed to do, and I have the tattoo to prove it.


I miss Matt, the artist who did this tattoo for me. I wish he hadn't had to move back to Kentucky. I hope 2017 will be kind to him.
Happy fucking New Year. I don't actually have a lot of hope, but I'm trying.
I think those of us who survive this time of transition deserve a bonus.

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the new administration deserves a chance to prove themselves. I don't like judging, especially without serious grounds. I was very unhappy with the last administration, so I have to hope things will get better. I have to.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I'm afraid I don't share your hope. Trump is a racist, misogynist sociopath. He had brought in people like Stephen Bannon, an Alt-Right (read: neo-Nazi) devotee who has been accused of domestic abuse. His cabinet picks are walking disasters for the environment and for tolerance as a whole.
I wasn't thrilled with a lot of things that the last administration did, and I sure wasn't thrilled with a lot of things that George W did, but I'd take Dubya back with open arms. I may not have liked his politics, but at least he wasn't a monster and he wasn't cozying up with the former head of the KGB.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

As an outsider looking in I haven't much liked any of the USA's recent administrations. Clinton was the man who approved NAFTA, Dubya was an isolationist turned warmonger. Obama send out his weekly drones to assasinate those who have neither been proven guilty or had the chance for legal representation plus he is FOR TTP and now Trump - an opportunist too fond of playing the racist fiddle, too fond of pandering to white supremacits all for the sake of winning votes. His problem now is that he is way over his head and those self same white supremacist come facists are taking him to task as they has have smelt the coffee that the truth is Trump has beguiled them simply to get into power. What with America forcing the Russian's close to war having invaded more and more of their former territories and at the same time surrounding China with a noose of missile aimed staright at them, I fear for all our futures.