Background image from publicdomainpictures.net
Verse and text manipulation by The Real Cie
The Story:
Today's prompt for OctPoWriMo asks us to tell why we write.
I write because I'd commit suicide if I didn't, and then I'd have to haunt the bullies who love killing dreams and torturing misfits. It's so much easier to just stick around and keep pissing them off by remaining alive.
I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm blunt. I don't take others down, but I tell my truth with no apologies. I have had a difficult year, and there was a period of time when I didn't know if I could write anymore.
I continue to do so because I don't want the assholes who said I couldn't do it to win.
Even if I'm the only one who reads my words, I've written them. So the bastards haven't won yet.
There you have it.
~Cie~
For all -666 readers of Fetch:
I share this Haiga with you because many of Pepper's experiences are fictionalized mirrors of my own. Eventually, the Team will get back to writing the tale, and you will see.


No comments:
Post a Comment