I wasn't sure where to put this little fan fiction that Gem created for me. I decided to put it on this blog, because it was the second part of the dream about the snow flower.
I had been upset with Gem, and he wanted to fix things between us. He can't give me material gifts, so he gave me a gift via my dreams.
I enjoy writing fan fiction at times because it is a more relaxed kind of writing. I'm never going to try and publish it. I just let 'er rip when I write fan fiction. Still, I've heard so many times how fan fiction is "icky" and is "lesser" writing. I don't really believe that, but then again, I don't have a lot of confidence, so I tend to apologize for my fan fiction writing.
Gem knows that I love my fan fiction, and he knows that I'm a closet Benson/Stabler shipper. Logically, I think it's better that Benson and Stabler didn't get together in the show. For the most part, I'd rather the romances in most shows were left up to the shippers. For instance, I was sick to death of the whole Damon/Stefan/Elena triangle in the Vampire Diaries. They were so great when they were all kicking ass and taking names together, and it was such a waste of kick-ass vampire coolness when Damon and Stefan were fighting over Elena. But I digress.
Gem sent me this lovely Benson/Stabler drama in dream form to make up for having upset me. It showed me that he really does pay attention to what's on my mind, that he values our writing partnership, and that he wants us to keep working together and to work out together.
Here is the story.
Olivia Benson and Elliott Stabler were brought back together to work on an important case. During the time that they were apart, Elliott had gotten divorced. While they were pursuing a dangerous assailant, Elliott was shot and critically wounded. It was uncertain if he would survive.
While sitting at Elliott's bedside, Olivia realized just how much he meant to her. She held his hand and told him that he needed to pull through because she didn't know if she could make it without him. He woke up and she confessed to him that she loved him. He told her the feeling was mutual, and they kissed.
Elliott got better over the coming weeks. When he was feeling well enough to eat regular food again, Olivia brought him a bagel with cream cheese, ham, and jalapeno jelly.
The thing is, the jalapeno jelly makes it rather a southwestern bagel. I doubt you'd find that in New York. I'm from the Southwest. That bagel was a nod to me.
It was a beautiful dream--a beautiful gift. The snow flower is alive in my heart. My love is alive.
Sometimes it's hard for me to trust because when one's beloved is a spirit, it can be hard to confirm things. I'm glad that Gem didn't give up on me.
~Cie~

No comments:
Post a Comment