Wednesday, April 11, 2018
"Fun" With Special Snowflakes
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2018/04/10/did-a-tv-host-threaten-to-sexually-torture-a-teen-not-if-you-get-hyperbole/
So, here is a “discussion” I’ve been having with some screaming meemie special snowflake over this link. Feel free to comment, or to head over to the link and tell them what you think.
therealcie
This is gross and unprofessional, it is inappropriate, but it isn't sexual. To behave as if it is tends to cheapen actual sexually inappropriate remarks.
WMDKitty -- Survivor therealcie • 6 hours ago
•
Reply
•
Share ›
So my abuser shoving his dick up my ass wasn't rape?
therealcie WMDKitty -- Survivor • 5 hours ago
How in all the known Universe did you get that from what I said? What I said was that the comment wasn't intended to be sexual. It was gross, it was inappropriate, it was assholish. But the intent wasn't sexual.
Before you get the idea in your head that I don't know what it is to be sexually assaulted, I was sexually abused by an older relative as a young child, was sexually assaulted twice as an adult, and I have realized that most of my sexual experiences were coercive. I have been sexually harassed many times in my 53 years on this planet.
I would never in the world say that what happened to you wasn't rape.
I don't really know how you read that into the comment.
I said that people need to separate assholish (and still inappropriate comments) from actual sexual harassment.
I will grant that it may be inadvertent sexual harassment, but it was not directly so.
Jeez louise.
WMDKitty -- Survivor therealcie • 4 hours ago
You're the one who said it "wasn't sexual".
It's a DIRECT THREAT OF RAPE WITH AN OBJECT.
therealcie WMDKitty -- Survivor • 2 minutes ago
No, Dearie, I said that statement wasn't directly sexual. I didn't say your rape "wasn't a rape."
That statement was made by a posturing douchebag posturing. It was not a "direct threat of rape." It was hyperbolic puffery.
I never said it wasn't inappropriate or gross. I simply said it was not intended to be sexual harassment. If someone made that statement to me, I would not see it as sexual harassment, I would see them as trying to show how "tough" they are.
People like you seem to always be looking for reasons to be GROSSLY OFFENDED!!!11!!! You remind me of the fan fiction shippers who accuse anyone of not liking their ship of "pedophilia." This cheapens the experiences of those who have actually experienced molestation. What I was saying is that assuming "sexual harassment" in every single situation where someone makes a shithead statement like this cheapens the term, and this is something that I think is a mistake.
I see no point in continuing a discussion with someone who sees everything as an attack. There were points which other people made which I thought were salient points and caused me to re-examine my position. Your screaming ZOMG U DON'T SEE MY RAPE AS A RAPE YOU MONSTER!!!!! did not do that.
I really have nothing further to say to you.
I then added this post above the other crazy train to hell:
Let me try this another way for those who choose to see everything way out of context. I think what this jackass was doing was posturing and allegorically waving his dick around. I don't think that he intended the statement to be sexual, whether or not the statement actually has sexual connotations. I think he was saying "look at what a big tough guy I am! I'm gonna show that kid what's what."
That's really all there is to it, Folks. You might disagree. Hell, you might even be right. But claiming that I don't think rape is rape because I don't think this freaking jackwagon was INTENTIONALLY sexually harassing someone is going waaaay off track from any sort of rational argument.
Crap's sake, I have freaking bipolar disorder, which tends to cause every emotion to be magnified. I tend to be hypersensitive. Even I don't take EVERYTHING completely out of context the way some of you are hell-bent on doing.
Some of you seem utterly incapable of having a rational discussion. You might have salient points, but you sure as hell are never going to sway anyone to your point of view by screaming at them and calling them monsters for not agreeing with your every little thought.
Side note: At this point, this shrieking harpy sounds like an immature teenager and smells like a troll. Either way, it's pointless to waste energy conversing with them.
Labels:
oh shut up you gasbag,
people who don't understand hyperbole,
special snowflakes,
this idiot is either a troll or a very immature teenager
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WTF? LOL. Do NOT debate this person. As we say in The Smokes (that's London) 'leave it out,' 'turn it up,' 'you're doing my crust in.' LOL
I got piled on by a group of like-minded special snowflakes. In other words, the special snowflake situation snowballed. I cut out of there and left them to think they Won Teh Internetz!!11!!1
The ultra left is just as toxic as the ultra right. Can't stand any of them. I'm pretty far left-leaning politically, but these people take a left turn and keep heading to Crazy Town, where any dissenting opinion is A PERSONAL ATTACK!!11!!!
Post a Comment